Nov 16, 2012

Submission day

100_5429-r35Well today is it.  The day that I set myself  to start sending out my story to the big scary world - my first bit of fiction in a long time. And while I still fear that I might be a literary equivalent of Frank Pickle, I realise that I simply must do it. I must send it out and get on with writing more. 

I will be aiming high, shooting for pro and semi-pro markets with the firm belief that I will be rejected ( you see I favour a rather stoic approach, what’s the worst they can say? No. Right?) but you never know.

My own opinion on the story swings between: a polished, well written work with some romantic tension and a certain realistic approach to post apocalyptic fiction and well… Frank Pickle.

So I don’t intend to report on the magazine who I submit to but I will note rejections.  I have set the limit at ten before I will trunk the work or consider a rewrite.  The purpose is to

a) provide some blog content

b) to work through the rejection process

c) to have a written record to refer back to in my memoirs to remind myself that the struggle is worth it

d) to provide entertainment/ a sense of solidarity with other readers who may be writers

Cheers

Frank   Sean


Did you enjoy this post? Would you like to read more? You can subscribe to the blog through a reader,by Email or Follow me on twitter.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...